Saturday, 8 December 2012

My Craft Room - Time for a Nosey

Hi all,
I promised you a nosey of my new craft room ages ago - I hope you weren't all holding your breath in anticipation :/. I have taken lots of Photos today, as you will see I get a lot of daylight in this loft room so some of the pictures are a little over exposed but I will never complain about too much daylight!
I had a bit of a tidy up bit it is not pristine, I am a proper crafter so expect some smudges  and general untidiness. I hope my craft area inspires you!.......
 Here is a main view of where the magic happens. I have a long room so I'll give you it in little bits. The wall shelving unit was made by me and my lovely dad (thank God for dads!) The bottom shelve is a boxed-in shelf which contains the wiring for my under shelf lighting (which I wired myself!), this is were my best plan came into action!........
 I had been looking around at storage ideas for my Copic markers for some time and I had a few ideas in my mind... but then......along came my Copic sized shelf and the light bulb above my clever little head pinged! I'm a big fan of using magnets wherever possible so that's the route I took.I covered the shelf front with trimmed down A4 magnetic sheets then covered them with white sticky backed plastic so when the pens are removed I have a normal looking white shelf. After some trial and error I managed to get some magnets that were good and strong to attach to my pens - I just attached them with sticky tape....

 I love my Copic shelf, it looks great but most of all the pens are all nice and handy and at arms reach.
Here's part of the shelf to show how it looks with nothing on. now take a look at another way to use the shelf....
I attached an adhesive magnetic strip under the shelf so I can hang my little bottles of perfect pearls underneath - upside down and ready for squeezing!
here I have my lovely new tv/monitor which my lovely man bought me for my birthday. This is where I sit and design my digi images for Charmed Cards and Crafts.
Here's a little bit of ribbon storage at the other end of the shelf...
Oooh and here's my Prisma pencil stand - again made by my wonderful dad!
Lets move on to these amazing magnetic spice racks, they were form Argos and they were a special treat to myself, aren't they ace!
Lets move on to my 12"x12" paper storage......
It's shoe storage! I can't remember for sure but it was from either Ikea or Argos.
It's the perfect size for scrapbook paper. Here are a couple more magnetic boards one is for my metal dies. perfect!

 This magazine rack is from Ikea, I haven't got around to filling it yet but its handy don't you think?

The other end of the room has my main storage (this used to be my daughter's bedroom) these wardrobes hold loads! Fitted by my wonderful partner - I love you Souleymana mmmmwahhh!Oops, I nearly forgot to show you my storage rails.....

Another Ikea best seller!
What do you think? I hope my craft room inspires you to make better use of you crafty space. I'd love to have some feedback. Thank you for visiting xxx

35 comments:

  1. I'm moving in. This is amazing. No wonder you're inspired when you go in there. Love some of your storage ideas and will possibly be pinching a few of them especially the 12x12 storage. Genius xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it sweetheart, when are you moving in? I could do with a crafting buddy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Glennis, Please don't turn green, it will clash with my blue wall :) xxx

      Delete
  3. this is lovely hun a fab place to play I hopped over from the blog so you have answered my question as to how you fixed your copics on there great idea

    hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it Wendy :) thank you for stopping by xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely stunning Lou!! I see we have used the same ideas in a few places but love your idea of the magnetics for your copics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic storage ideas ... and what a fun place to create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing space - would love to have something like this but alas no spare rooms so my craft space is the dining room table :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tam, I was just like you on the dining room table for a long time but in the end my craft room dream came true :) x

      Delete
  8. Very clever and so much light! My space is a combined office / craft room but it is mine alone! Older age has so many advantages ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Shirley! Now my children have left home I have 'me time' and 'me space' I love my family but....silence is golden!

      Delete
  9. Fabulous craft room, thanks for sharing. Love the copic and paper storage ideas - Ikea here I come! Hubby has offered to convert our loft into a craft room for me but I think I would feel quite isolated up there :-/ I have taken over the utility room for cardmaking, dining room for quilting and bead wherever my bead trolley takes me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Let me get this right... your hubbie offered to convert your loft and you said no?! Sam take the isolation risk....it's so peaceful up there and I manage to keep everything in one place. If I do get lonely I come downstairs and have a little fold up table that I bring out. Us crafters always find a way don't we :) Happy crafting Sam and thank you for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  10. Found your blog through the Crafty storage blog. What a great craft room! I love the copic storage, very unique. And I want that pencil stand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa thank you for visiting my Blog and also thank you for your lovely comment :) Happy Crafting.....P.S. hands of the pencil stand! :)

      Delete
  11. You have truly inspired me to make more creative use of my space.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tammy that's great! I'm happy I have inspired you. Thank you for stopping by x

      Delete
  12. Wow your room is amazing. Can you tell me how much paper the shoe rack holds please? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara x the shoe rack holds about four piles of 12x12 altogether and without running up to the loft to measure I will estimate that each pile is about 5cm. Happy Crafting x

      Delete
  13. Nice! I love your craft room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to say that is one of the most ideas I have ever seen for storing Copics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'm glad you like my idea x

      Delete
  15. Wow what a lovely room, and your Copic idea is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous room Louise. And even more special thanks to the input by your partner and dad. I too love your Copic storage but your shoe storage is inspiring. I tend to make up my own page kits from my stash to take away on crops and this would be the perfect storage for those kits. I hope I can find something similar here in Australia. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. The room is so great! Everything is so well-organized! I wish I have such space some time:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh!!!!!!!! I am so jealous!!!!!!!!
    What a fantastic space!! I dream of having my own space for crafting. At the moment I have to fight it out with my 4year old daughter on the dining table!! :-P
    Thanks for sharing!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh!!!!!!!! I am so jealous!!!!!!!!
    What a fantastic space!! I dream of having my own space for crafting. At the moment I have to fight it out with my 4year old daughter on the dining table!! :-P
    Thanks for sharing!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow. Im so jealous. very very neat and very organised. I need you round mine I think to sort me out some where lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. J'adore l'idée du mueble a chaussures pour les papiers . Love the paper storage idea. I love your scrap room, this great beautiful decoration

    ReplyDelete